5 Tips to Combat Dry Winter Hair Issues
December 31 2020
Dry winter hair plagues many of us, even if you have naturally oily hair. We’ve compiled 5 tips to get you out of the dry, damaged dullness of a cold winter.
1. Ditch the heat styling! If you live in a dry climate, the winter weather is probably sucking the moisture right out of your hair. If you can skip heat styling and give your scalp and hair time to re-moisturize itself, this will help many of your winter hair issues.
2. Don’t over-wash your hair! If you can skip a day or 2 in between shampoos, you’ll notice moisture creeping back into your hair. Using a salon-quality conditioner often, will also destress your tresses.
3. Use metal or bamboo combs or brushes! Static is the problem for many of us in the winter and plastic combs are often to blame. Spritz a little water on your hand to flatten the fly-aways as an added measure.
4. Maybe try that bob you’ve been wanting! Although long hair can keep you warmer, shorter hair is easier to keep moisturized. Trimming off all of those dead ends can give you that sleeker, healthier look you’re craving right now.
5. Try a masque or a customized in-salon treatment such as a Fusio Dose. Ask your stylist for recommendations for the products that will work with your hair type and bring back the moisture your hair needs
- New, Blue and Good for You!
- Blonde But Better Than Ever!
- Va-Va-Va Volume!
- 2 New Services for Gorgeous Hair
- Nourish Your Dreams
- Love Your Lashes!
- Healthy Scalp, Healthy Hair
- Summer Sun Glow in Only 30 Minutes!
- Could Your Long Hair Use Some Strength?
- Kérastase Fusio Scrub Awaken Your Beauty
- Holiday Boutique- Gifts, Glamour and more!
- Give Them Something to ‘hairtalk®’ About!
- We’ve Got an App For That!
- We Won! Best Salon, Best Mani/ Pedi and Best Stylist, Jessica McCoy
- Easy Beautiful Hair in Less Time
- Men: Ready for Thicker Hair?
- Bye Bye Frizz and Flyaways
- Are you ready for Luscious Lashes?
- Summer Glow… No Sun Needed
- Bring on the Color!
- Time To Put On Your Halo (Extensions)
- Heal Your Dry Winter Heels
- Makeup That’s Also Skincare
- Scalp Bacteria… Gross or Good?
- Sleep. Then Wake Up with Beautiful Hair.
- Farm to Skin: Our new FarmHouse Fresh Products
- Long Hair Goals? Give us 3 months!
- Protect Your Tresses without Stress!
- Curly Vs. Coily Hair: What’s the difference?
- Be Your Best Blonde
- From Damaged to Dazzling
- Smooth. Shine. Protect. Repeat.
- Curls Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Dry Shampoo Life
- 5 Tips to Combat Dry Winter Hair Issues
- Now Offering- Hand Tied Weft Extensions!
- Falling for Uniquely Colored Hair
- Are You Making these Common Hair Mistakes?
- Beach Waves or Straight Hair for Days
- Sun-Kissed Summer Hair
- We Can't Wait to See You!
- Make Mom Feel Beautiful
- We're HAIR for YOU!
- For the Love of Balayage
- Wedding Makeup You’ll Love
- Bobs and Lobs
- Extension Hair Care
- 5 Tips to Reduce Static Hair
- Get Fancy with your Braids for the Holidays
- 10 Tips for Winter Hair
- Fall Hair Trends
- Constructive Feedback
- Toner, overlays. What?
- How to treat your post Summer hair.