Scalp Bacteria… Gross or Good?
October 28 2021
We hear the word bacteria and immediately think it’s something bad.
But, the scalp microbiome is all the bacteria on the scalp. As on the rest of the body, the microbiome has a barrier and protective function. The microbiome can be disrupted by lifestyle aggressions including heating tools, stress, hard water, exercise, unhealthy diet, and pollution. So it’s not necessarily bad or good, but having it in balance should be your goal.
Of course, balancing all of this can cause less disruption and a healthier, happier scalp! But how do you do that? Well, we recommend the Potentialiste Hair & Scalp Serum by Kérastase.
Potentialiste is the first universal defense serum for unbalanced scalps. The serum leaves the hair feeling healthier and more beautiful. The scalp feels refreshed, hydrated and less sensitive. And it includes a Vitamin C derivative that neutralizes the effect of daily aggressors. It also protects hair against oxidation. People who use the product say they felt a soothing effect and that their scalp is more comfortable while the sensation of dry scalp reduced.
Talk to your stylist to find out if they think the Potentialiste Hair & Scalp would be right for you.
Get a customized scalp diagnosis with the Kerastase Scalp Diagnosis Tool, check it out here and then call us to set up your appointment!
- Are you ready for Luscious Lashes?
- Summer Glow… No Sun Needed
- Bring on the Color!
- Time To Put On Your Halo (Extensions)
- Heal Your Dry Winter Heels
- Makeup That’s Also Skincare
- Scalp Bacteria… Gross or Good?
- Sleep. Then Wake Up with Beautiful Hair.
- Farm to Skin: Our new FarmHouse Fresh Products
- Long Hair Goals? Give us 3 months!
- Protect Your Tresses without Stress!
- Curly Vs. Coily Hair: What’s the difference?
- Be Your Best Blonde
- From Damaged to Dazzling
- Smooth. Shine. Protect. Repeat.
- Curls Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Dry Shampoo Life
- 5 Tips to Combat Dry Winter Hair Issues
- Now Offering- Hand Tied Weft Extensions!
- Falling for Uniquely Colored Hair
- Are You Making these Common Hair Mistakes?
- Beach Waves or Straight Hair for Days
- Sun-Kissed Summer Hair
- We Can't Wait to See You!
- Make Mom Feel Beautiful
- We're HAIR for YOU!
- For the Love of Balayage
- Wedding Makeup You’ll Love
- Bobs and Lobs
- Extension Hair Care
- 5 Tips to Reduce Static Hair
- Get Fancy with your Braids for the Holidays
- 10 Tips for Winter Hair
- Fall Hair Trends
- Constructive Feedback
- Toner, overlays. What?
- How to treat your post Summer hair.