Bye Bye Frizz and Flyaways
May 27 2022
Even in the summer, the wind, sand, air conditioning, water, sun and fun can take a toll on your hair, causing frizz, flyaways and static. But you’d prefer to hit beach, take a hike or dance the night away with smooth, shiny hair, right!?
Here are some tips for worry-free shine so you can celebrate summertime:
- Add leave-in cream to your routine.
Try Redken’s Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame and feed your hair the moisture it needs by applying this heat resistant leave-in cream on clean, damp hair. This multi-benefit cream is great for all hair types and is best for unruly frizz. And, it protects your hair from the heat up to 450*.
- Try using a metal comb and some hairspray.
If you’re frizz is more from static (think dryness from recycled air-conditioned office spaces or airplanes), spritz some hairspray and comb through. The metal comb will pull the static electricity from your hair while the spray settles the flyaways.
- Use a Hair Mask a couple times per week.
Chlorine, salt water, sweat… it can all do damage on your hair when you’re just trying to beat the heat. Replace your conditioner with a hair mask like Redken’s Frizz Dismiss Hair Mask to deeply moisturize frizz-prone and unruly hair. You’ll love the increased smoothness and manageability.
- Embrace the poof.
Messy buns and poofy ponytails are in. So, if humidity is what’s causing your frizz you could pull it up in a cute clip or gather it in a scrunchy and let it bounce!But if you’d really rather not pull it up, try Redken Frizz Dismiss Anti-Static Oil Mist. It is an anti-frizz, hair oil that instantly tames flyaways and unwanted static without weighing hair down. Apply to damp hair in the morning or after hitting the gym or spritz on dry hair to smooth it out.
All of the Redken Frizz Dismiss haircare line features the Redken Smoothing Complex with sustainably-sourced Babassu Oil to tame frizzy hair, increase smoothness and enhance shine. You can find these amazing products at 5th Avenue Hair Salon!
- Men: Ready for Thicker Hair?
- Bye Bye Frizz and Flyaways
- Are you ready for Luscious Lashes?
- Summer Glow… No Sun Needed
- Bring on the Color!
- Time To Put On Your Halo (Extensions)
- Heal Your Dry Winter Heels
- Makeup That’s Also Skincare
- Scalp Bacteria… Gross or Good?
- Sleep. Then Wake Up with Beautiful Hair.
- Farm to Skin: Our new FarmHouse Fresh Products
- Long Hair Goals? Give us 3 months!
- Protect Your Tresses without Stress!
- Curly Vs. Coily Hair: What’s the difference?
- Be Your Best Blonde
- From Damaged to Dazzling
- Smooth. Shine. Protect. Repeat.
- Curls Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Dry Shampoo Life
- 5 Tips to Combat Dry Winter Hair Issues
- Now Offering- Hand Tied Weft Extensions!
- Falling for Uniquely Colored Hair
- Are You Making these Common Hair Mistakes?
- Beach Waves or Straight Hair for Days
- Sun-Kissed Summer Hair
- We Can't Wait to See You!
- Make Mom Feel Beautiful
- We're HAIR for YOU!
- For the Love of Balayage
- Wedding Makeup You’ll Love
- Bobs and Lobs
- Extension Hair Care
- 5 Tips to Reduce Static Hair
- Get Fancy with your Braids for the Holidays
- 10 Tips for Winter Hair
- Fall Hair Trends
- Constructive Feedback
- Toner, overlays. What?
- How to treat your post Summer hair.