Smooth. Shine. Protect. Repeat.
March 31 2021
Beautifully straight hair is often desirable, but hard to achieve. Constant straightening with heat tools can cause damage but skipping that step may increase frizziness. We’ve compiled some tips to help you with smoothing your hair, making it oh-so-shiny and protecting your luscious locks along the way.
First, for smoothing untamed hair, you’ll want to calm the frizz. This can be done with our favorite Kérastase Paris line, Discipline. This line will nourish, smooth and soften hair, starting with the shampoo. You can top it off with conditioner that allows for amazing fluidity and add some extra love with the Maskeratine Hair Mask. The Keratine Thermique Blow Dry Primer Duo offers hair a smoothing taming milk duo set for flyaways and frizzy hair, before you add in the heat.
For shine, you’ll want to get oily with it. Any oil from Kérastase Paris is perfect. Even if you have naturally oily hair, you can nourish and re-invigorate your hair with the Elixer Ultime LHuile Original Hair Oil. It’s good for all hair types and can help your hair shine like silk. It uses Marula Oil, which is high in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and amino acids to keep hair soft, supple and moisturized. Pro Tip: Up the shine factor by applying the oil to dry hair. How’s that for touchable hair you’ll want to show off?
For protection, think Thermique. From the Discipline line, the Keratine Thermique Blow Dry Primer Duo offers hair a smoothing taming milk duo set for flyaways and frizzy hair, before you add in the heat. The heat actually empowers the actives in the product to add strength to the hair fiber from the inside out. Thermique technology is the essential step to easier, healthier hairstyling, for perfect hair, every time. If you don’t need to worry about the frizz, you can also try Nectar Thermique Blow Dry Primer, Ciment Thermique Blow Dry Primer or the Extentioniste Thermique Blow Dry Primer.
Don’t forget that a healthy hair routine includes consistency, so invest in these amazing products and enjoy beautifully silky hair every day. The stylists at 5th Avenue Salon in Carlisle are ready to help you have the hair you’ve been dreaming of, so come see us today!
- Give Them Something to ‘hairtalk®’ About!
- We’ve Got an App For That!
- We Won! Best Salon, Best Mani/ Pedi and Best Stylist, Jessica McCoy
- Easy Beautiful Hair in Less Time
- Men: Ready for Thicker Hair?
- Bye Bye Frizz and Flyaways
- Are you ready for Luscious Lashes?
- Summer Glow… No Sun Needed
- Bring on the Color!
- Time To Put On Your Halo (Extensions)
- Heal Your Dry Winter Heels
- Makeup That’s Also Skincare
- Scalp Bacteria… Gross or Good?
- Sleep. Then Wake Up with Beautiful Hair.
- Farm to Skin: Our new FarmHouse Fresh Products
- Long Hair Goals? Give us 3 months!
- Protect Your Tresses without Stress!
- Curly Vs. Coily Hair: What’s the difference?
- Be Your Best Blonde
- From Damaged to Dazzling
- Smooth. Shine. Protect. Repeat.
- Curls Just Wanna Have Fun
- The Dry Shampoo Life
- 5 Tips to Combat Dry Winter Hair Issues
- Now Offering- Hand Tied Weft Extensions!
- Falling for Uniquely Colored Hair
- Are You Making these Common Hair Mistakes?
- Beach Waves or Straight Hair for Days
- Sun-Kissed Summer Hair
- We Can't Wait to See You!
- Make Mom Feel Beautiful
- We're HAIR for YOU!
- For the Love of Balayage
- Wedding Makeup You’ll Love
- Bobs and Lobs
- Extension Hair Care
- 5 Tips to Reduce Static Hair
- Get Fancy with your Braids for the Holidays
- 10 Tips for Winter Hair
- Fall Hair Trends
- Constructive Feedback
- Toner, overlays. What?
- How to treat your post Summer hair.